Tuesday, September 14, 2010

IN-FLIGHT MOVIE

Strangely enough, seeing my first movie playing in an actual theater with an actual ticket-buying audience was not the moment where I thought, "Cool, I made a movie".

That actual moment came while flying from Taipei to Hong Kong last month (ironically, to do publicity for the film's Hong Kong theatrical release), when I discovered that I could select "Au Revoir Taipei" from the interactive movie menu on Eva Air. It was pretty surreal...being able to watch the movie on a crappy little screen one foot from my face (it was not edited for content, and not formatted to fit the screen, which is kind of cool).

I didn't watch the entire thing on the off-chance that someone might recognize me and think "wow, that asshole is watching his own movie on the airplane".

2 comments:

YMFY said...

Hi, are you going to be back in the Bay Area anytime? I'm a fan of your work, would like to pick your brain at some point if you're up for it.

ABC said...

Not much in the bay area these days, unfortunately...