Wednesday, July 27, 2011

SILENT BOB RETIRES

Kevin Smith has apparently decided to retire from filmmaking at age 40, citing the fact that he's really never mastered the art of visual storytelling, and that for him to keep going would only result in diminishing returns. Also, it seems like he's got plenty of other interests (podcasts, comics, etc.) going on in his life that he wants to now focus on.

I haven't seen any Kevin Smith movies in a while, but I still remember during my junior year of a high school, one of my friends telling me about Clerks and how it was one of the funniest movies he'd ever seen. My buddies and I found a store that rented the VHS, and we must have watched it at least three times in one weekend. By the next week at school, we were all doing Jay impressions and talking about the independent contractors that died so needlessly on the Death Star.

ps - my favorite one is Chasing Amy.

No comments: